Migraine's and FoodsThat Effect Them




Good Morning,

I hope today is finding you happy and healthy.  I am trying to decide what I will be writing about today. I have so many things in my head that I am finding it hard to choose.  Maybe I should talk about what foods to avoid if you have food triggered migraines.

Migraines seem to be a popular discussion these days. With all the stress and pressure weighing down on us we certainly don't need a migraine headache added to the mix.  These painful and often debilitating headaches can put you out of commission for hours if not days.

See the image at the top of this blog?  I included it so you would be able to be sure that the migraine type of headache is the type you have.  But, I have to tell you, if you have had one you will know it.  It is the most painful headache you can imagine.


Above is a remedy for a migraine headache that is said to give you some relief.  When I was still afflicted with migraine's I would  have tried just about anything to  help relieve them.                                                                                                          
       Foods That Trigger Migraines                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  • Ripened cheese, such as cheddar
  • Pickled or dried herring
  • Chocolate
  • Anything fermented, pickled, or marinated
  • Sour cream
  • Nuts 
  • Peanut butter
  • Sourdough bread, breads, and crackers containing cheese or chocolate
  • Broad beans, lima beans, fava beans, and snow peas
  • Foods containing monosodium glutamate (MSG)
  • Figs, raisins, papayas, avocados, and red plums
  • Citrus fruits (have no more than ½ cup daily)
  • Bananas (have no more than ½ banana daily)
  • Pizza
  • Excessive amounts of tea, coffee, or cola beverages (limit to 2 cups daily)
  • Sausage, bologna, pepperoni, salami, summer sausage, and hot dogs
  • Chicken livers and pate
  • Caffeinated beverages
  • Alcoholic beverages                                                               
As for me, I am relieved to no longer have migraines but if I was I would definitely be paying close attention to the list of food and drink that triggers them.                                            Tip To Help With Migraines                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Many migraine sufferers find that they benefit from using tools like meditation, tai chi, or yoga to ease stress.                                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrots, Nutritious and Delicious

Today is Chicken Day