I'm Baaaaccck!



Tip Of The Day

For all you people out there who are trying to eat healthy, this one's for you.  When grocery shopping spend most of your time inside the store in the produce area.  Make sure you fill your basket with all the colors in the section.  A rainbow plate is a healthy plate.  Not only will it look pretty you will also be more likely to try new things.


 Just a Quick Little Note


Hello again.  I know it has been a long time since I have been here and I truly am sorry.  But, the important thing is, I’m back.  Since I left I have been still cooking and doing my thing, so to speak.  Now I am ready to share and raring to go.

I will still be posting regular good ole’ down home cooking but will be doing some heart healthy and diabetic recipes along with them.
Let’s get busy.

Today I will give you a Gift in a jar recipe.  They are a terrific gift, I have never met anyone who didn't love it.  You simply fill it with the dry contents, write up a direction card to let them know the liquid contents they will need and decorate the jar.




I will still be posting regular good ole’ down home cooking but will be doing some heart healthy and diabetic recipes along with them.

Let’s get busy.

Noodle soup in a jar mix

Ingredients:
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 cup dried minced onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp dried basil
4 chicken bouillon cubes
3 cups of noodles ( enough to fill jar)
Assembly:
Layer all spices at bottom of a one quart jar.
Place noodles on top of spices filling the jar.
Decorate jar.
Print this on a card for the recipient.
Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes
8 cups of water
Instructions:
Place tomatoes and water in a soup pan and bring to a boil.
Add noddle soup mix and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy with a nice fresh salad and a crusty roll.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrots, Nutritious and Delicious

Today is Chicken Day