Crock-Pot Cooking


Crock-Pot Cooking
                                                                               
          
I love using my crock-pot.  It happens to be my favorite of all kitchen appliances.  There is nothing like filling a crock-pot with ingredients, leaving for the day, and coming home to the aroma of a homecooked meal greeting you at the door.  

A crock-pot, or slow cooker is one of the most reliable and versatile appliances you can own.  There isn't much you can't cook in it.  I have even cooked cake in my crock-pot.

Today I will be cooking a beef soup.  I know it's the middle of the summer but this soup is so good we eat it year round. I think you will like the recipe.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I know, I do go overboard with the vegetables but that is what it makes this Crock-Pot Beeb soup so good, all those delicious, nutritious, healthy vegetables. 


















                                 Crock-Pot Beef Vegetable Soup                                                                                                                                   
Ingredients:

1 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 1" chunks 
1 contained unsalted beef broth (32 oz.)
1 pkg. onion soup mix
2 cans diced tomatoes
4 stalks celery, sliced
4 large carrots, sliced
1 white onion, chopped
1 purple onion, chopped
2 white potatoes, cut in 1" chunks
1 clove garlic, diced

Directions:

Put everything into the crock pot, I place the meat on the bottom.

Turn crock-pot on low and leave for 6 to 8 hours.

After the 6 to 8 hours, take off the lid and serve your delicious homemade soup.

Enjoy.

Tip of the Day

Cooking with your crock-pot can save you money.  No only is it easy and fuss-free but using it for 8 hours cost the same as using your oven for one hour.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrots, Nutritious and Delicious

Today is Chicken Day