July 20, 2013

 

Recipe for the day

 I thought and thought about what type of recipe I would start out with.  Should I go fancy and delectable or should I go straight for good ole' home cooking? 

It wasn't until I was making my macaroni salad for dinner that I thought, "What's the matter with me?  I'll blog my recipe for macaroni salad."

So here it is.  My super duper macaroni salad recipe. 
 
Looks great doesn't it?
 
 
The first thing you need to do is gather all of your ingredients.
 
 
 
Simply Delicious Macaroni Salad Recipe
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 box macaroni
3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 medium sized chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. cucumber ranch dressing.
 
Instructions:
 
Following the packages directions, cook 1/2 box of macaroni.  Make sure you add 1/2 tsp salt to the water.
 
Put eggs on to boil.
 
While the eggs and macaroni are cooking chop up the vegetables. 
 
When the eggs are hardboiled, place in cool water for a couple of minutes, then peel.
 
Place eggs, mayonnaise, and dressing in a large bowl or storage container and mash with a potato masher. This makes for a creamy macaroni dressing.
 
When macaroni is finished cooking drain and run under cool water.  Add macaroni and chopped vegetables to the mayonnaise mixture and mix well.
 
Place in refrigerator until cold.
 
Eat and enjoy.
 
This recipe serves 4 hearty eaters or 6 regular eaters.
 
Note:  Don't be afraid to experiment.  I add black olives, green olive, tuna, peas, chicken, celery, and many other things to this salad depending on who is eating it.
 
 
 
This is our dinner last night.  It was delicious.
 
 
 
Tip of the day
 
Did you know that you could freeze macaroni salad?  Well, you can. 
 
If you have a lot of macaroni salad separate it into smaller containers or freezer bags.
 
 
Label bags with date and contents and place into freezer.
 
 
Make sure you use macaroni within 5 days of freezing.
 
 
To thaw, place in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours before serving.
 

 
 


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrots, Nutritious and Delicious

Today is Chicken Day